Here Comes Chapter......

Life certainly isn't dormant...it's ever-changing.  I've crossed the 50-yard line and I'm discovering that the afternoon of life can be a blessing...or it can be filled with great sadness.  The blessings...(1)  I no longer have to "prove" myself to anyone (apparently 50+ gives you the clout you always wanted).  (2) If I want to slow down a little it's accepted.  I no longer feel the need to be superwoman! (3)  The children are all leaving home which means a little more time for me for the first time in 25 years!  (4)  Grandchildren!!!  Maybe this should be the first blessing because it's just so huge.  Is there anything better than little boy sugar and giggles and dancing...and I have 4 little guys under the age of 3 to fill my days...and a new grandbaby coming next summer.  The blessings just continue.

But it's not all blessing...there's a "time to mourn" that I never had before.  I lost my dad a little over a month ago.  Although we lived 1500 miles apart, just knowing he's not there leaves such a void inside.  Since then a dear friend has lost her husband unexpectedly at the age of 52...that's a sobering event.  And one of my online students, only 18 years of age, has been involved in a tragic accident that has left him bed-ridden at this time.  All of these events tug at my heart (and my tears) and leave me feeling an emotional wreck at times.

But I refuse to give in to the painful times.  I press on to the high calling...and look for ways to celebrate the blessings.  I hope to add pictures of the scrapbooking I do...and the homemade cards I make...cheerful ways to celebrate the blessings and goodness of a wonderful God Who's still in control.  I hope to share the weird way my mind works...how it travels from one thought to the other as I "work out" my salvation and all that means in my life.

If you're reading this and taking any interest in it, thanks!  Pray for me.  I want the afternoon of my life to be filled with more purpose and to be more effective in kingdom work and difference making than the morning was.  I want the part of the world I was in to be a better place because I was here!

Comments

  1. Am happy you are blogging wonderful sermons Lauren. keep it up. Kelvin. You can visit my blog at www.headingtherightdirection.blogspot.com

    Kelvin Mwila

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tonight I Met Jesus

I've Seen His Glory