My True Christmas Moment!

 
 
Today I sat with men and women who are nearing the end of their lives.
They were happy men and women…
They joined me and my friends singing Christmas songs and Christmas carols.
It could have been my imagination…but the seemed especially engaged in the songs about Jesus…
The songs about the “real” meaning of Christmas.
The smiled cute smiles during the Santa songs…
But they closed their eyes as if in reflection as we sang of the baby in the manger,
And the angels heralding the good news. 
They sang with great joy to their world…and I got to see it and hear it.
And they seemed lost in a silent night of their own as we softly joined them in the hymn.
It’s easy to get caught up in the commercialization of Christmas…
In Santa and his elves (especially with little ones who “get it” this year for the first time).
It’s easy to be disappointed because I can’t give everyone I love everything they want.
But today I gave someone something they wanted…
Attention!
Such an easy gift to give.
And they gave me back what I wanted most this year…
A magical, true Christmas moment!!!
Have you given yourself away this Christmas?
I highly recommend it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tonight I Met Jesus

I've Seen His Glory