Ephesians 3:17-19

 
Did I laugh? Did I love? Did I make a difference?
Today I held the foster son of a dear friend…4 months of chubby, wrinkled thighs…a grin from ear to ear…the deepest voice I’ve ever heard in a boy that tiny.  His eyes twinkled as he checked out every movement in the room.  I fed him a bottle and rocked him to sleep…and then watched his foster mom load him up to take him to an aunt who had won temporary custody of the precious little guy.  It was gut-wrenching to see him go…and I’d spent less than two hours with him.  It takes an incredibly wonderful angel of a woman to care for someone else’s child…love them 100% (the only way she knows how to love)…and then let them go.  Every time I think I could foster, something happens that makes me second guess that decision.  She let her little guy go because she wanted to do what was best for him…for now.
I came home and found myself thinking about how God let His Son go.  He didn’t let Jesus leave heaven because it was the best thing for His Son…He let Jesus leave heaven because it was the best thing for ME…for US…for all HUMANITY.  He put our needs ahead of the needs of His only begotten Son!!!   He loved us before we were born and will love us through all eternity! 
“And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” (Ephesians 3:17-19)
I don’t know how to fathom that kind of love and I realize how far I fall short in loving others like that.  Did I love enough today?  Do I ever love ENOUGH?  I don’t know…but today I saw a special kind of love that is selfless and beautiful and I feel so extremely blessed to have this example of love in my life.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tonight I Met Jesus

I've Seen His Glory