A Psalm to the Lord




You, Abba, are the Father of our hearts.
You created us because You loved us,
and we -- in return (more specifically, “I”) --
have failed You.
You have loved me with a never-ending love
and I have thrown it back in Your face at times
because “I” wanted what “I” wanted when “I” wanted it.
How sinful could I be against You, O Lord?
I’ve used Your Name in vain,
calling on You to grant “my” wishes
instead of bowing to Your plans for my life
and moving into the center of Your will in obedience.
I’ve claimed Your name while acting in the darkness of my sin.
I’ve told you, “No” in childish, immature, disobedient, willful sinfulness!
I am ashamed.

Yet, You, Father…
Father of the broken…
Father full of loving-kindness…
Father Who does not give up on me…
You have loved me with a never-ending love.
How I’ve hurt You…
and You’ve returned that hurt with Your patience and mercy and love…
I am not deserving.

I’m tired, Lord, of sinning against You.
You must be tired of my sin, too.
More than that, I know that You hate my sin.
But I thank You for loving me, a sinner above all sinners.
I ask You, Father, to forgive my sin.

Forgive me for being lazy,
when You’ve called me to live a life of abundance and joy.
Forgive me for being selfish,
when You taught the greatest example of selflessness
by sending Your Son.
Forgive me for whining to You
when “I” didn’t have what “I” wanted.
Thank You for loving me enough to not give into my selfish cries.
Forgive me for doubting Your tender mercies.
Thank You for demonstrating them through Dan.
Forgive me for not loving Dan
in the way You intended me to love Him
and help my heart to break for my selfishness with him.
Protect him, Father, with Your love and strength.
Heal his body, Lord, so that he can serve you as his heart desires.

You have surrounded me, Lord,
with friends who lift my spirits and love me in my weaknesses.
I am also surrounded, Lord, by enemies
who You have protected me from…
mostly the enemy of myself and my self-destructive ways.
It is You, Lord, that I want people to see in me.
Help me to die to my selfishness.
Help me to die to my destructiveness.
Help me to live for others, Lord,
and be willing to give up my life for those I love…
You love...
Your children…
Your creation.

Praise be to You, God, my Father and Lord.
I do not understand the plans You have for my life,
but I do understand that they are not what I thought they were.
Help me to patiently live each day,
serving You in faithful ways
that will bring glory to Your Name.
 
 
“I love you, Lord…and I lift my voice…
to worship You…let my heart rejoice!
Take joy, my King…in what You hear…
may it be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear!”

 

Comments

  1. A good reading could happen from here. I could understand that you are a good writer. I also like to write and creating my own blog space but I am not confident in my write up. So I never remarked about it in my any resume.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tonight I Met Jesus

I've Seen His Glory