1-1-11

It's the first day in the first month of a brand new year.  I kissed my way in to the New Year so incredibly in love with my husband and happy with the life we share.  It's not a perfect life, but I have learned to be content with most of it.  I can do that because when things aren't perfect, or at least the way I think they should be, God is near.  He promised He'd not forsake me.  "Be content with such things as you have.  For God has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."  My children learned that verse 20 years ago.  I had to put it to music to help them memorize it for AWANA.  So it's been tucked away in my heart for at least that long and I've just begun this past year to understand the truth of it.  Life really isn't about what you don't have...it's all about what you do have and Who provided it for you.  Learning to be satisfied with His gifts brings peace and joy...and contentment...to life.  While my material blessings may not be many, the relationships in my life are so special and too many to count and God continues to send people into my life that He uses to bless me and challenge me to become all that He created me to be.  I'm especially excited at the "renewed" friendships that are taking place.  Re-connecting with childhood friends, high school friends, college friends, and adult friends this past year has made me feel rooted and grounded in love.  What a rich life of friendship I've been blessed with.  And I have no reason to think that God is not going to continue to bless in this area.  I know that I am committed to Him in ways I've never been before and I am excited to see what this new year will bring.  So I step into 2011 with a heart full of contentment, a mind searching to know God more, a spirit willing to be used of God and more love than any one person deserves.  Bring it on!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tonight I Met Jesus

I've Seen His Glory