One Little Word for 2011 - - - B A L A N C E





I did it!!!  I actually finished a project that I really wanted to complete.  I have "scrapped" my "One Little Word for 2011".  And the word I chose for this year is balance.  My life has seemed so out of balance for the last couple of years.  I focused too much of the time on me...sometimes focusing too much on Him....sometimes focusing too much on others.  There's got to be a balance somewhere that doesn't leave me feeling overwhelmed (or underwhelmed).  I wrote out my goals for 2011 and tried to show what balance would look like...I believe these are measurable and attainable (but only with the strength of God).
Goals for 2011
Spiritual
                        Memorize 52 Bible verses
                        Consistently study God’s Word
                        Pray without ceasing

Marriage
                        Consistently build Dan up
                        Evaluate my own actions to make sure they honor God and are true
                        Reserve “us” time to review our goals and purposes for God

Parenting
                        Hold kids accountable for their actions
                        Encourage church attendance or attention to spiritual matters
                        Love all of them unconditionally

Grandparenting
                        Love consistently and unconditionally
                        Be a safe and happy place for the children to visit
                        Teach spiritual truths in age-appropriate ways

Extended Family
                        Call mom regularly
                        Send a card to Mom and David & Kim monthly
                        Pray for Mom, David, Kim and Richard with purpose

Friends
                        Reach out to encourage others
                        Send thank you cards consistently
                        Fellowship and make time for friends

Personal
                        Eat to live and stop living to eat...crave God!
                        Read at least 2 books each month
                        Create – create – create

Work
                        Recognize God as my boss
                        Find a job that will let me pay back my school loans
                        Respect employees and students at all times...live faith in front of them

Sharing them here now begs for accountability.  If you see me and you've read these, ask me how I'm doing.  If you see me doing something that could tilt the scales out of balance, let me know.

So here we go 2011...let's see if we can't keep the scales balanced and purpose to live a life that pleases God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tonight I Met Jesus

I've Seen His Glory