The Joy of Creating


How much fun I've had card-making the last couple of days. I have found a new love...card-making kits. These eight cards came together in one afternoon...and I love them. The kit contained everything. After making a mistake at the very beginning I was still able to turn out a product I can be proud of. Word to the wise...read directions before popping out all the die cuts and chipboard items (smile). Turns out they were all numbered and collected together to go on the card they'd be used on. I thought those little arrows were just instructing me where to punch the item out (silly grin).

I love putting together cards. I put them together with someone in mind...and I have time to talk to God about that person. I can pray for them and any needs I'm aware of. I can remember how I've been blessed because that person's in my life. I can identify the gift that God has given me or taught me through the inspiration of that person. I had a lot of thanks you's to send this week...and as I realized that I saw how richly blessed my life continues to be.

So I'll be looking for more card kits...just because they give me so much personal joy. And I've had a lot of response from people who have received a card. In this day and age of electronic communication, a piece of "snail mail" that isn't a bill seems to really bring a lot of joy and delight to friends. Are we losing our "touch" because we've become so technologically sound? I know I feel like I am sometimes...so putting a personal touch on something helps to balance that crazy woman who spends too much time on the computer.

These cards were made with a kit...the other pictures uploaded include some close-ups of these and some "handmade"....just love that the Creator put a touch of ability to create in me. Of course, there's a big difference. He started with nothing and created a universe (gasp). I have to have something to start...and my ending product won't make or break lives. I feel like I understand why he "looked and saw that it was good."

Blessings to all!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. They all turned out really cute. Where did the kit come from? I love making cards for the same reason - I can think about/pray for the person I am making them for the whole time. Just sent out Easter cards today - a little behind but not too bad.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tonight I Met Jesus

I've Seen His Glory