The Many Men in My Life



TodayI was going through pictures and realizing how truly blessed I am with these wonderful men in my life. Dan is a blessing I don't deserve...he's too good for me...too good to me. His quiet spirit keeps the world from knowing how godly and good and kind and sincere his heart is...but I get to see it on a daily basis and when I count my blessings, he is at the top of my list. Andy (or Andrew as he prefers to be called now) has grown into a fine man who loves with 100% of his being and is making such a wonderful effort to be a "good" man. He has a wonderful wit, is very intelligent, and I'm so very proud to see the results of 26 years of growth finally coming together in a very fine package. Stevie (he'll just always be that to me) has stunned me by being an incredible young father and loving husband. We were talking recently about how differently life was going than originally planned, but both agreed he's just wherehe needs to be and that it may be a struggle now but will be worth it all in the end.

And then there's the grandsons. People probably get tired of me talking about them but they bring so much life to my days. I still hear the doctor's saying, "We have bad news, the baby has Down Syndrome" when Holden was born. How I wish I could tell them what a wonderful, loving, compassionate, giving, smart, active, NORMAL little boy he is.  And I remember spending Orlando's first night with him in a hospital so far from his mom and dad.  He was so little and so delicate and had the biggest dark brown eyes you could get lost in. Now he runs and plays and squeals (words cannot describe this sound) like the best of them. He's a wonderful big brother to his blue-eyed brother who is a flirt and really learning how to wrap me around his fingers these days. And Andy's little guy Luke is one who's loved and adored...just like all his cousins.

So I am surrounded with strong, loving, good, kind, giving, wonderful men...and just want the world to know what a blessing it is to be loved so much and have such wonderfulmen to love each day. Thank You, Lord!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tonight I Met Jesus

I've Seen His Glory