The Storm


THE STORM
Hungering, dear Lord, for You to touch my heart today
Following Your path, Lord, every step along the way
Knowing, Lord, You’re holding me through all the storms and strife
Here, Lord, in this silence I again give You my life.

Dying now to self, Lord, it’s so difficult to do
But knowing at the end, dear Lord, I will stand with You
Makes learning to give in each time important every day
I’m trying, Lord, with everything to learn to live Your way.

You know, Lord, what it’s like to be condemned and scorned and wronged
And when these happened I know for Your Father’s heart You longed
And now inside my pain and sorrow I too want to be
Protected, Lord, and sheltered, so I bow on bended knee…and cry
  
Reach Your hand out to me, Lord, and draw me close to You
The waves are washing over me, I don’t know what to do
I cry, Lord, and I’m frightened even though You’re standing near
Will my feeble weakness ever truly disappear?

Why, Lord, do I cower when the storms come crashing in?
Search my heart, forgive me, Lord, and show me now my sin.
The wickedness within my heart sometimes seems through and through
Take it, Lord, destroy it, Lord…I want to be like You.

And now, Lord, in the quietness of praise and prayer to You
Restore my heart, return my thoughts, my focus now renew.
Establish peace within my heart, and help me know Your way.
And, Lord, I’ll bow and give to you the rest of all my day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tonight I Met Jesus

I've Seen His Glory