Praise Prayer

Lord,

I’ve been still and listening to your voice and learning to know that You ARE God.  I’ve been quiet and trying to focus on You instead of my circumstances and all that the earth screams to keep me from drawing close to You.  This morning I come into Your Presence wondering about awe…wondering about that moment when I’ll be in Your Presence for eternity and trying to grasp how glorious it will be.  I’ve always pictured heaven as something You prepared for me, when in reality You ARE Heaven.  Living in Your Presence – questions answered, peace surrounding, creativity abounding, no more pain – there really is no way to comprehend such a thing.  I tend to look at Heaven as MY reward, but the truth is that it is Your reward.  It is the fulfillment of Your plan for true fellowship with us.  And sometimes the thoughts of it overwhelm me.  I know that here on earth I’m overwhelmed with the love and friendship of my family and friends…how do I comprehend perfect love of a perfect God.  It amazes me that so many do not see You as a God of love because they know there’s something that’s not love and they think You are responsible for that.  I watch this world becoming more depraved…have seen my heart sink into the depths of depravity.  How long will You linger, Lord?  What must we face to draw the hearts of men to Truth? 

I read, Lord, that there are still people who have not heard the Good News of Jesus’ death and resurrection for their sins and that makes me sad.  I’m sad to think they can’t know Your peace that goes beyond anything the world offers in the way of peace. 

I watch, Lord, the disrespect that men show for each other, for Your creation, for Your plan.  I don’t understand their decision to reject You and all that You have to off them.  I understand how satan became so full of himself – so greedy – so selfish – so self-centered – such a bully – because I see it every day in the hearts of humans. 

I watch those who call themselves Your children allow the world to back them down.  We’ve failed to live the greater-is-He-that-is-in-me life because we focus on the wrong things.  I love the encouragement and reminders You send every day…through Your Word…through brothers and sisters in Christ who offer tidbits of encouragement…through the music of FLN and opportunities to praise You in the car.  I thank You for understanding my weaknesses and needs to be reminded so constantly.  I praise You for being faithful and responsible to keep the covenant between us strong.

And so this morning, Lord, I just pray that You’d accept this prayer of praise – that You’d search my questioning heart and pierce it so that I can become more like You.  As I approach all these medical tests and possible surgeries, Lord, please don’t let the doctors be the only ones who are correcting what’s wrong in my life.  Please find me as willing, Lord, to place my life in Your hands so that You can do the surgery that really counts.  Take away the thoughts that bind me, Lord, to focusing on the wrong things.  Take away the distractions that interfere with our relationship.  Show me, Lord, how to serve You in the “rut” of my life… in the daily chores…in ministering to my family…in celebrating with my friends.

I love You, Lord.  I praise You.  I adore You.  I beg Your forgiveness for those thoughts and actions that did not and do not reflect Your Presence in my life. 

Amen.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tonight I Met Jesus

I've Seen His Glory