Bearing Fruit


"But blessed is the man who trusts me, God…
the woman who sticks with God. 
They're like trees replanted in Eden, 
putting down roots near the rivers—
Never a worry through the hottest of summers, 
never dropping a leaf,
serene and calm through droughts, 
bearing fresh fruit every season.”
(Jeremiah 17:7-8 Msg)

This morning as I searched the Word for God’s message to my heart for this day I found these lovely verses.  Am I a woman who “sticks with God”?  Are my roots so deep in the soil of His love and faithfulness that the changing seasons do not stir up fret and worry?  In each and every season, am I bearing fruit?

There are a couple of apple trees in our yard.  The apples don’t appear to be good for anything except to make the trees pretty in the summer and heavy in the fall.  The fruit seems to be wasted.  But then I wake early one fall morning to find deer in the yard making a sweet breakfast of the apples that have fallen to the ground.  And I realize that sometimes when I can’t see the purpose for the fruit, God still has a plan.  He’s still using the fruit…just not for me. 

Do we selfishly believe that all the fruit we produce is just for us?  Do we make an effort to even produce fruit or have we decided that it’s okay to just sit looking pretty but appearing to be of no use?  I think sometimes we give up on ourselves and believe God can’t use us or isn’t using us, not realizing that He’s “ripening” us for His purpose.  You see, those apples are in His hands.  They’re not disobeying Him.  They’re not worrying one little bit.  They are just being apples and trusting that in His time He will accomplish His purpose in their apple lives.

One of my favorite quotes is “Anyone can count the seeds in an apple but only God knows the number of apples in a seed.”  It’s really my purpose to be His seed.  I need to be busy obeying Him and growing and ripening, so that when it’s time for my purpose to be fulfilled He will find me ready to be used. 

My prayer this morning, Lord, is that someone will be able to feed off of me some day and grow closer to You and be sustained in life.  Let me not worry about the harvest…that’s Your responsibility.  Let me, Lord, concentrate on You and becoming what You created me to be.  Help me to love everyone I come in contact with today. 

Practically, Lord, I pray for those who are being elected today to serve this country…to represent her people.  Lord, You have been patient with our nation when we certainly don’t deserve You mercy and patience.  Continue, Lord, to do whatever it takes to make people aware of You and Your work in our lives.

Thank You for Your watchcare over Dan last night.  Keep him safe at work today and protect his thumb as it heals.  Be with my children today and bless them in their endeavors.  Be with Holden at school and help him to listen and obey.  Be with Luke and protect his little heart, Lord…and please work a miracle in our lives so that Luke can be returned to his parents.  Help Orlando and Roman to have a wonderful day with their dad.  And bless precious Shannon with a peaceful, joyful day.

Be with the many friends You’ve blessed me with, Lord.  Thank You for their presence in my life to encourage me and strengthen me and keep my mind stayed on You.  Bless their lives today, Lord, and make them aware of Your Presence.

I love you, Lord.  Amen!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tonight I Met Jesus

I've Seen His Glory